Our partner is a purpose-led brand, creating happiness by connecting people to enjoyable meals.
Their mission is to connect people to food they enjoy that matches their dietary requirements. Our app provides the fastest, most convenient way for lifestyle eaters (people with a specific dietary regimen) to find restaurant food and recipes they really want to eat. We are the first service anywhere to provide lifestyle eaters with details of all relevant ingredients, dishes, recipes and restaurants in the UK and US
About the team
We have a development team of 8 developers. We mostly use Node/React to build our internal projects, Python/ML for our AI service, .NET Core for our scraping engine and React Native for our mobile app.
Our operation team of 30+ people is responsible for scraping restaurant menus using our scraping engine, data entry and data curation. They also help us with any research or manual task that is necessary so the development team can focus on building software.
What you'll do:
- Be a valued member of an agile team of professionals, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Develop stable scraping strategies for scraping information from various websites.
- Take ownership of building our scraping engine. Come up with creative solutions and create technical specifications for them.
- Ensure a high quality of the code and the scalability of the architecture on the projects you work on.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and scrapers to solve interesting and challenging problems.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced .NET developer with at least 5 years of experience, who has been involved in a number of large-scale projects.
- You have a deep understanding of coding patterns, data structures, and you can build clean, extendable and scalable code.
- You are proficient with the following: .NET Core/ASP.NET Core, Docker, Restful APIs, SQL databases and message brokers like Kafka.
- You have a basic DevOps experience (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems.
Why work with us:
- You will work with the latest technologies and tools (.NET Core, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Google Cloud)
- A dedicated operations team will help you with any manual work necessary, so you can only focus on building software.
- You will work directly with the CTO and CEO of the company, and take full ownership for building the scraping engine.
- You will solve problems that no-one solved before. This is not a boring job where you only do CRUD operations.
- We offer a competitive salary and the possibility of remote work.