Our partner is working to make the world of industrial operations a better place! They are a Munich-based company that combines smart sensors and AI-based data analytics to help railway companies switch to predictive maintenance. Their end-to-end solution helps clients continuously monitor their infrastructure, identify maintenance needs ahead of time, and improve operational efficiency. Do you want to join the team and help them take IoT where it really makes a difference? Do you love to take ownership and go the extra mile to ensure our customers’ success? Are you ready to work in an environment that believes in open feedback, constant growth, and a strong team culture? If so, it might be the place for you!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible to install our partner's infrastructure and keep it in perfect shape, to continuously develop and monitor it in order to provide the best experience to our customers. You will closely collaborate with their engineering counterparts in Munich, as well as with external service providers. You will assist other departments in solving technical issues related to cloud infrastructure and networking. Ideal candidates learn and adapt quickly and will be able to use every tool at their disposal to understand and effectively tackle hard problems. As a tech-savvy professional you are curious about new digital technologies and aspire to combine usability with robustness and efficiency.
- Maintain and guarantee the availability and performance of our partner's systems
- Monitor critical systems and predict necessary changes to cope with future workload and projects
- Ensure overall health and performance of our platform, working on monitoring, issue diagnosis, and resolution
- Extend continuous deployment for software releases with zero downtime
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the deployment processes and operations procedures
- Improve security and availability of the platform
- Automate existing monitoring and maintenance processes
Required Skills and Experience
- A university degree or equivalent in relevant field
- 5+ years experience in DevOps Engineering
- Demonstrable experience with container concepts (LXD, Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes, Swarm), cloud infrastructure orchestration (e.g. Mesos, DC/OS, Marathon), deployment automation & orchestration (Jenkins), and extensive and proven knowledge of AWS and Alibaba Cloud.
- Experience in setting up, configuring and optimizing web servers (Nginx, Apache), database clusters (NoSQL, SQL), operating systems (Linux OS, Debian distribution) and scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment, and full working proficiency in English