Our partner is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We particularly focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 677 million euros, our partner is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 26 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1700 employees in total.
We have a wide variety of complex data within our company, such as customer data, sensory data from our equipment and data from our business processes. We are in a digital transition: our legacy system is replaced by a self-designed system, running in AWS (OutSystems).
You can make this project succeed by setting up efficient communication between systems, end users and business partners. We use the integration platform SeeBurger BIS6, with the B2B solution and Managed File Transfer.
You do not shy away from notions like AS2 / FTP / SQL / http and you know what someone means with SOAP, REST, XML and APIs. At our company we focus on the interfaces and partner integration, making data communication efficient and error-free.
You are in control, whatever happens - you meet your appointments and then feel satisfied. You get your positive kicks having contact with customers, our company's end-users and team members, terminals, authorities and suppliers. With both hands you will grab challenging projects and you love to immerse yourself in your profession. You are someone who lives by the quote "If you do what you like, you never have to work".
Specific responsibilities of the job
- developing interfaces (including automating transport orders from our customers or sending status updates to our customers);
- creating system-system interfacing and business-to-business communication through EDI connections;
- setting up data mappings and the necessary processes;
- unlocking the data required for the JIT strategy of our customers, regarding the real-time track & trace of their goods.
- Evaluate and define new improvement opportunities.
Ideal character of the candidate
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
- In order to handle last minute change of priorities, pressure and tight deadlines, you need to be flexible and effective.
- You are capable of quickly mastering new techniques.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and you know how to influence, negotiate and present information to engage others and get the job done.
Education and experience
- Computer Science or similar education.
- Proven working experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with writing cross-platform interfaces.
- Experience with OutSystems development platform is a plus.
- Transport/Logistics industry experience is a plus.
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of software development.
- Knowledge of EDI communication (EDIFACT, XML and ANSI-X12)
- Knowledge of Seeburger BIS6 + MFT
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, etc.).
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Knowledge of Agile / SCRUM process.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
What are the motivators?
- Greenfield project
- Great team
- Good atmosphere
- Interesting projects
What are the pain points?
- Legacy systems
- Ad-hoc changing business priorities