We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior DevOps Engineer for a product company in Cluj, Romania.
The company helps the hospitality industry prevent food waste through Internet of Things tools in the kitchen. They work with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by their offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania, and North America. The company is rapidly growing with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Their new artificial intelligence-based technology is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry.
By joining this team, you will find coworkers that are passionate about living their values and place them at the center of everything they do. They are excited about like-minded talent who share these values.
As you’d expect with any fast-growing start-up, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities. Collaborate with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our environments. Focus on delivering solutions to production and good knowledge of SQL and Databases (mainly PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases as data will be sourced from a number of different sources. Keen to learn new technologies - ML(Ops) is a very young branch of Tech and it is evolving super fast, so following and learning new technologies is crucial to keep up with it.
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage AWS cloud based system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of our systems;
- Build automated deployments using configuration management technology;
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors in the existing information systems;
- Recommend solutions for enhancing performance by identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications;
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- You are likely to be degree educated having completed studies in Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or a related field;
- You have significant experience in DevOps/ system integration model which will ideally include experience in a start-up / the hospitality industry / a software company / a customer service environment;
- You have the up-do-date and in-depth knowledge of:
- AWS cloud infrastructure;
- Proficiency in scripting and one or more programming languages (Python, Bash);
- Experience with build & deploy tools (Git, BitBucket, Jenkins or similar);
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as ELK Stack;
- Good understanding of RedHat and Debian family Linux;
- Experience deploying and coding micro services;
- Understanding of databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
Technology is at the forefront of what we do, and the success of our company is based on our world-class technology and on finding solutions to real world problems that have not been solved to date. Our current stack includes:
- REST APIs;
- Designing and manufacturing IoT ‘smart’ edge devices and expanding using Linux powered devices on the field collecting data using cutting edge technologies;
- Focus on security, user authentication, permissions, data integrity;
- AWS Cloud using ECS/ECR, VPC, Aurora RDS, S3 and other services;
- JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket (Atlassian products), Agile team using Scrum or Kanban (each team chooses the best approach to drive results);
- Moving to a Microservices architecture using Kafka;
- CI/CD using Jenkins or similar, SonarQube, New Relic, Docker,Terraform;
- Test Driven Development environment with focus on testing and quality output;
- Reporting and Analytics using Pentaho;
- Machine Learning.
- Competitive base salary;
- Company stock options package;
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus;
- Health insurance;
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays;
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work;
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation;
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business.