We are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a technology company, developing a SaaS-based fare collection and ticketing platform that allows commuters to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or simply by tapping a bank card to travel. With deployments to over 60 transit agencies across 4 continents, our team has been delivering innovation to millions of riders of public transportation for over ten years.
Proving ourselves as true innovators and category leaders, we launched a ticketing SDK - a first for public transit - allowing urban mobility providers like ride-hailing (Uber), journey planners (Transit), and bike and ride-sharing services, to integrate our market-leading ticketing platform into their applications, connecting services together for a seamless user experience. Current customers of our SDK include Uber, Transit (NA), Jorudan (Japan) and Kisio/Keolis (France).
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
Our Product Engineering Team is at the heart of our business, making up two thirds of the organisation globally. We are headquartered in London, with offices in Cluj, New York and Denver. We currently have 12 engineers in our Cluj team and are looking to grow that number to well over 20 in the near future. Our team in Cluj are not an outsourced development team - they are a fully integrated product engineering team and are as much a part of the company as the London team is. Team members from both London and Cluj visit each others offices regularly in order to promote bi-directional collaboration and solve our most important problems together.
This engineering manager role will join the existing team of around four engineering managers, reporting into the head of engineering.
As a business to business SAAS platform we have our own recipe of challenges, most notably maintaining a strong agile mindset and culture within, whilst being true to our word, managing expectations effectively and delivering on our commitments to our customers.
We are looking for someone who can grow to lead a number of engineering teams (around 3 teams of around 8-10 people each). You will be a servant leader whose mission is to set teams on the path to self-organisation and help them develop. You will be commercially aware and understand the importance of delivery cadence and predictability of outcomes.
- You will be accountable for the output of your teams and ensuring the PCI compliance of the work completed.
- You will provide the data which will help plan your team's work and have an understanding of when we are on schedule and be able to communicate that across the organisation.
- You will create and evolve internal development processes.
- You will be responsible for the support and support processes of the components your teams are working on.
- You will be responsible for working as part of a team of incident managers to support, communicate, resolve and analyse critical incidents on the rare occasion they arise.
- You will manage the team and provide mentorship to those looking to grow their career in management
- You will be travelling to our London office at least quarterly.
- You started your career working as a developer and have been promoted into a leadership position which you enjoy.
- You have experience in the recruitment and retention of high calibre engineers in a startup or scale up environment.
- You have a proven track record in helping agile teams to grow using modern techniques, including Behaviour Driven Development, test automation and continuous delivery, and will be able to demonstrate successful application of these in a commercial environment.
- You have strong experience in delivering agile projects and know how to product data to inform decision you make about how your team works.
Some of our benefits
- Premium medical care via Medicover
- Remote access via VPN, enabling flexibility to work remotely when required
- Frequent trips to our London HQ
- This role is based in our brand new office in United Business Center Riviera near Iulius Mall
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself.