Wayfare delivers cost-effective near-shoring solutions to our customers , innovative and flexible and by this supports them to make the difference in their market. Wayfare aims to foster an internal environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
This opportunity is addressed to students or graduates who aim to develop a career in IT or to professionals willing to start working in the Progress environment.
Whether you are:
An experienced professional, a recent graduate or still in university, we will offer you support in taking confident steps along the career path you’ve chosen. You will be challenged every day to develop your skills, to share your expertise and apply your knowledge, while at the same time maintaining a good work-life balance. Your performance will be recognized and rewarded and you will work in a collaborative team, with talented and fun people, who tackle difficult problems and come up with innovative, flexible and effective solutions.
- Enjoying challenges and the possibility to constantly learn about new techniques and processes?
- A highly motivated team player, reliable and dedicated not only to the craft of application development but also to the success of the company?
- A very good communicator with excellent verbal /written English and presentations skills?
- Creative and open-minded, with a strong sense of responsibility and good at taking initiatives?
If so, we want you in our team! Join us!
Role and Responsibilities:
Our pre-employment training it’s a carefully designed systematic approach which provides support for learning OpenEdge technologies (Progress) as well as for improving your behavioral skills at the required level.
After the training you will join one of our projects in order to help to maintain and enhance existing systems developing new features, fixing reported issues and finding the best solutions. You will be in contact with end users under the guidance of more experienced colleagues.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Basic OOP concepts
- Algorithms and data structures
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented and problem-solving attitude
- Good communication skills
- Desire to learn and explore new technology and concepts
- RDB design
- Prior experience in database queries particularly with large databases
- Experience in interaction with clients and of working in agile team
- Capacity to understand business requirements and processes
Starting with 1st of August, for 6 weeks, 6 hours per day
Full-time or part-time employment offer afterwards taking into consideration each trainees’ results.