Imagine a workplace which encourages you to take on responsibility and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine a fast-paced environment where your performance makes the difference. This is who we are, and looking for adventurers to join our smart and inspiring team!
Our partner's Guest Feedback Platform is used by more than 12,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback. Within one tool, our clients get an overview of all reviews from Booking.com, Google, TripAdvisor, and are able to drill down into insights extracted from the text via NLP capabilities. Our product also have real-time communication features, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel.
Our partner is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our Operations and Crawling teams in Cluj. Your mission will be to set up and continuously refine development and support processes and prioritize their workload, as well as to manage internal and external stakeholders and multiple projects. Moreover, managing and coaching the engineers so as to enable their growth is crucial for this role. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, proactive, and resilient Development Manager with experience both as a software developer and as a manager who is able to speak both the technical and the business languages, understand business priorities and make decisions based on data.
Challenges awaiting you:
- Team Leadership: Leading our Operations and Crawling teams in Cluj. Coaching, continuous feedback, growth, recruitment, and retention.
- Process design, implementation, and continuous improvement
- Project Management: coordinate and lead projects with multiple team dependencies and internal and external stakeholders
- Backlog prioritization: prioritize team’s backlog and ensure that the feedback loop with stakeholders is smooth
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Experience developing and executing a software road-map
- Experience managing both development and support software teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- JIRA/Confluence/Git Knowledge
Nice to have:
- Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers
- Experience with Agile Development and project management
- Scrum Master/Product Owner certification
What do we offer?
- A highly international & entrepreneurial environment (flat hierarchies, short decision paths...)
- We are agile enthusiasts and love continuous improvement
- Excellent on-boarding programs
- Spend up to 5% of your working time for your professional & personal development
- Great leadership & support
- Flexible working hours
We have engineering excellence in our DNA. Our employees are experts in big data, machine learning, natural language processing, and interactive Web applications.