Imagine a workplace which encourages you to take on responsibility and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine a fast-paced environment where your performance makes the difference. This is who we are, and looking for adventurers to join our smart and inspiring team!
Our partner's Guest Feedback Platform is used by more than 12,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback. Within one tool, our clients get an overview of all reviews from Booking.com, Google, TripAdvisor, and are able to drill down into insights extracted from the text via NLP capabilities. Our product also have real-time communication features, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel.
We have an engineering team that is responsible for tier-2 technical support for our largest clients (hotel chains, tourism organizations …). It's not a help-desk or troubleshooting team: Our support engineers write code and do large-scale database automation.
Examples of projects:
- Synchronize new/changed hotel data between the customer and our database
- Do configuration changes to hundreds of customer accounts at a time
- Realize large Enterprise-level configurations for our most complex features
- Generate ad-hoc reports with database queries and Hadoop/Spark jobs
Currently, we have 3 engineers in this team, located in our office in Cluj, Romania. We are looking for at least two more engineers!
What challenges await you?
- Writing automation scripts
- Doing database migrations
- Doing exploratory data analysis on our vast database to find interesting insights or anomalies
- Supporting our client service team with large client-facing projects
- Career paths exist to move forward to web development or data engineering
- Write automation scripts and tools
- Create and maintain SQL databases, do database migrations
- Exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- Write technical specifications based on customer requirements
- Technical support for our Client Success Team and Key Account Management (e.g: creating accounts, setups, data exports/imports for our clients)
What do we expect from you?
- Engineering degree
- Our main language is Python. However, we accept your background in either Python, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of databases, indexes, query optimization
- Familiarity with Unix commands, affinity for command line
- 1 - 3 years experience
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Nice to have:
- MapReduce/Hadoop experience
- Good theoretical knowledge of data structures & algorithms