Our partner solves complex payment problems for businesses and institutions to empower new opportunities globally and locally. The company processes billions in payments per year, connecting all the entities involved to make those transactions faster, more secure, less expensive, and more transparent. Clients in business, education and healthcare use our partner’s full-service platform to tailor the payment experience for their customers and to create a single point of visibility and control for payer engagement and receivables management – from invoicing and payment through reconciliation. Our partner also supports its clients with end-to-end customer support including multilingual servicing via phone, email, and chat, as well as around-the-clock online payment tracking.
The company is headquartered in Boston and has offices in Chicago, London and Manchester, Valencia, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Cluj, and Sydney.
We are looking for a Ruby developer responsible for building Ruby applications, including anything from complex groups of back-end micro services to command line utilities and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, strong technical design, and building quality products is essential.
- Technical Design, Coding, and Unit Test of web applications in accordance with business requirements and technical standards
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Design and Development of reusable components for enterprise level web application
- Participation in functional specifications, prototyping, and estimation for web development projects
- Participation in evaluating and prototyping of new technologies, coding practices or third-party technologies for use in web application
- Work with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in web and backend technologies
- Understanding of large scale, multi-tier web application architecture
- Expertise in object-oriented programming
- Solid database knowledge (SQL and NoSQL)
- Passionate about software/product quality and testing
- Familiarity with continuous integration & delivery
- Working knowledge of enterprise level Source Control