From big consumer brands to enterprise, telecom, and healthcare, our partner works alongside their customers to design and develop mobile, web, and desktop software applications. The solutions are founded in user-centered design that thinks of the customer first while leveraging the cloud, Big Data, and Internet of Things to deliver context-aware and adaptive experiences. The result? Engaging software solutions that have a direct impact on the bottom line.
Since 1997, they have aspired to create superb software that enables the full potential of ideas and is a joy to use. Their vision is a world where software empowers people and improves lives.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Principal level is pivotal in the delivery of high quality services to our customers. The Principal works under high level direction and is responsible for combining advanced technical skills with tactical leadership skills to contribute to the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of all work completed under their guidance.
Designs, develops, and implements software for technology based products or applications. Applies knowledge of programming techniques to plan, develop, test and document computer applications. Creates, maintains and implements the source code; designs prototypes, specifies program unit structure and conducts verification on own designs. May gather requirements directly from users or consult with Business Analysts.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Applies verification theories and principles to the quality control of assigned areas of software functionality. Responsibilities may include: debugging of software code through the use of automated tests to ensure functionality and quality standards are met; developing test cases; isolating, duplicating, and resolving problems; setup and debug of automation test equipment and test cases; developing automated test cases; providing input into the verification test planning, test configurations, technical problem resolution, and reporting of progress during the verification cycle of products; recommending alternatives to improve verification time and/or test coverage.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide complete range of support to the company’s customers (and sales and solution staff as necessary);
- Analyze complex business needs presented by clients and contribute to the solution of complex technical problems with senior level skill;
- Provide advice, guidance, leadership and development opportunities to other assigned staff;
- Coordinate and schedule projects and staff, or assists PMs (if assigned);
- Assign and monitor objectives to adjust plans and approaches to achieve desired results;
- Make business decisions and exercise judgement in alignment with tactical business objectives;
- Alter approach or recommend broader procedural changes to improve effectiveness of the delivery team;
- Perform end of project reviews, support the preparation and delivery of the annual appraisal process;
- Consistently produce output that is trusted as accurate, sound and viable;
- Identify design problems and collaborate with others to resolve;
- Assist sales staff with technical components of sales presentations or product demonstrations as well as strong post-sales support;
- Consistently provide trusted accurate, sound, and viable output; and
- Consult with others as required on matters with broad implications.
- Be Nutty
- Be Intentional
Position Specific Competencies
- Service Orientation: Anticipates long term client requirements and identifies required improvements to service delivery.
- Leadership: Builds on the strengths of the workplace and reduces internal weaknesses through training and development.
- Planning and Organization: Develops and oversees multiple plans for internal groups and teams, anticipates risks and takes appropriate steps.
- Accountability: Evaluates and responds to complex requirements that supports the organizational direction.
- Communication: Strategically communicates for maximum results.
- Critical Thinking: Interprets data through observation, investigations, communication, reports, legislation and others in order to address needs.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent; and
- Equivalent to 10+ years of progressive experience employing a variety of applicable tools, techniques, and/or languages.