From big consumer brands to enterprise, telecom, and healthcare, our partner works alongside their customers to design and develop mobile, web, and desktop software applications. The solutions are founded in user-centered design that thinks of the customer first while leveraging the cloud, Big Data, and Internet of Things to deliver context-aware and adaptive experiences. The result? Engaging software solutions that have a direct impact on the bottom line.
Since 1997, they have aspired to create superb software that enables the full potential of ideas and is a joy to use. Their vision is a world where software empowers people and improves lives.
Reporting to Regional Engineering Leader / General Manager in the delivery of high quality services to our customers. The Engineering Manager works under high level direction and is responsible for combining advanced technical skills with tactical leadership skills to contribute to the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of all work completed under GM’s guidance.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide focused, tactical guidance and feedback to group of staff working on a particular project or function;
- Coordinate and schedule projects and staff;
- Assign and monitor objectives to adjust plans and approaches to achieve desired results;
- Alter approach or recommend broader procedural changes to improve effectiveness of the delivery team where necessary;
- Make business decisions and exercise judgement within generally defined policies and in alignment with tactical business objectives;
- Analyze business needs and contribute to the solution of moderately complex technical problems;
- Create career development plans and facilitate development opportunities for employees, including budget management;
- Provide oversight on completion and deliver feedback from end of project reviews;
- Support the preparation and delivery of the annual appraisal process;
- Manage sensitive or irregular situations under the guidance of the General Manager / Regional Engineering Leader;
- Work closely with Project Managers on team performance;
- Participate in recruitment and selection process, making hiring decisions and onboarding new employees.
- Be Nutty
- Be Intentional
Position Specific Competencies
- Service Orientation: Working on a continuous basis to meet or exceed client and organizational needs.
- Leadership: Considers both organizational needs and individual needs in order to create solutions that will enable top performance and success. Recognizes strengths and weaknesses of others. Provides recognition and encouragement to team and others within the organization
- Planning and Organization: Develops and oversees multiple plans for internal groups and teams, anticipates risks and takes appropriate steps. Figures out processes and resources needed to complete projects and tasks within required time frame.
- Accountability: Evaluates and responds to complex requirements that support the organizational direction.
- Communication: Demonstrates appropriate communication during difficult, high stress and/or emotional situations with various individuals and groups, taking into account verbal and written comprehension requirements.
- Decision making: Weighs the importance of data, experience, perspective and organizational goals when making decisions. Develops solutions that are acceptable for the majority of individuals involved.
- Resource and Fiscal Management: Makes positional decisions that align with organizational resource and financial limitations.
- Teamwork: Encourages others to participating in team activities, ensures teams are working effectively.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent; and
- Equivalent to 7+ years of progressive experience employing a variety of applicable tools, techniques, and/or languages.