Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
The manager of IT systems is responsible for daily operations of the infrastructure systems, database and network administration. The position will have managerial responsibilities for the team including performance review, career development. The IT systems team has operational controls of all environments, including production with a goal to meet stability, scalability, and performance metrics SLAs. The manager of this team will mentor, teach, and have oversight to ensure that the operational model conforms to compliance standards of the business.
- Manage an IT systems operational team that includes networking, host systems, virtual environments, Cloud systems, and security initiatives.
- Team member of a 7x24 IT Operations team that includes supporting a global network infrastructure.
- Ability to lead team in root cause analysis and provide leadership on resolution management.
- Staff resource allocation for Plan, Build, and Operator in a compliance environment.
- Manage the life-cycle for review, documentation, and approval of environment builds using a SAFE Kanban agile framework.
- Ensure team is compliant with change management protocols.
- Critical issue management, coordination, communications, and resolution.
- Capacity planning, tracking and reporting.
- Inventory tracking, upgrade management, and patching coordination responsibilities.
- Process definition, management, execution, and measurement.
- Infrastructure administration, monitoring, service, and vendor management.
- Provide regular and significant input for defining team goals and priorities.
- Responsible for system up-time and availability which includes on-call support including nights and weekends
- Responsible for personal performance management including, but not limited to, providing direction, assignments, feedback, formal performance evaluations and employee development.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as technical manager for IT systems within a demanding, 7x24, business critical IT environment.
- Experience with a technical application platform environment that includes Oracle database servers, PostgreSQL, E-Business applications, Java based web development, and Apache, Tomcat.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on technical, computer related subject matter including systems administration policies and procedures, and hardware/software product and performance evaluations.
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, define priorities, and set appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in a hands-on capacity with the following:
- Linux (preferably Red Hat/CentOS) or Microsoft (including Active Directory) server operating systems, specifically senior systems administrator skill level.
- Experience with AWS services or another major Cloud vendor.
- Experience with security issues and defenses including vulnerability management.
- Backup and recovery administration and strategy.
- Networking technology experience including load balancers.
- Internet technologies including HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SMTP, and DNS.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a hands-on capacity with the following:
- Cloud operational experience with DevOps and orchestration.
- Administering or assisting in the administration of a Java based web site using Apache, Tomcat, and Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Linux (preferably Red Hat/CentOS) server administration including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and security.
- Installing, configuring, and managing multi-platform virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Installing and configuring O/S level clustering solutions.
- Business Continuity (Disaster Recovery) strategic planning and ongoing plan maintenance.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. Industry certifications for Linux, UNIX, Microsoft, SANS, or Cisco a plus.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in our company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come meet us.