Imagine a workplace which encourages you to take on responsibility and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine a fast-paced environment where your performance makes the difference. This is who we are, and looking for adventurers to join our smart and inspiring team!
Our partner's Guest Feedback Platform is used by more than 12,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback. Within one tool, our clients get an overview of all reviews from Booking.com, Google, TripAdvisor, and are able to drill down into insights extracted from the text via NLP capabilities. Our product also have real-time communication features, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel.
As a Python Backend Engineer in the Connect Team, you will build and extend the real-time data layer of our guest feedback platform, which connects guest and reservations data from dozens of different systems, enabling hotels to use our products with maximum ease of use.
Our Connect engineering team places very high value on quality and stability, so expect to join a professional team that practices proper TDD and cares about code quality. Our culture takes learning and development very seriously. As soon as you’re ready – and maybe even a bit before – we’ll involve you in writing technical specifications and architectural discussions. Also, we care about keeping our engineers close to the market. As part of a “squad” that also contains salespeople, you will have the chance to work together with market-oriented people, if that is what you want.
What challenges await you?
- Ship data-intensive APIs used by our partners to enable them in creating awesome experiences for their hotels.
- Take responsibility in planning and designing software within a small team.
- Apply cutting-edge Python 3 asynchronous frameworks.
- Design database schemata and optimize queries.
What do we expect from you?
- Solid understanding of Python, preferably Python 3.
- Solid understanding of relational database systems, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of a unit testing framework, preferably pytest.
- Experience in developing scalable data-intensive Web APIs.
- Good understanding of industry-level API designs and practices, such as: Design patterns (REST, RPC, JSON API … etc), Deprecation policies for public APIs, API versioning and release.
- Willingness to work with an asynchronous Python framework, such as: Tornado and aiohttp.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have
- Expert knowledge of Python 3.
- Experience working with an ORM such as: SQLAlchemy and peewee.
- Experience developing asynchronous software using Python.
What do we offer
- A highly international & entrepreneurial environment (flat hierarchies, short decision paths…)
- Excellent on-boarding programs
- Spend up to 5% of your working time for your professional & personal development
- Great leadership & support