Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
Our partner, a subsidiary of Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), specialized in enterprise content management and publishing solutions are seeking talented people who are looking to work as part of a successful organization.
In this role you will:
- support production and non-production systems, and participate in systems administration activities to support customer facing products as well as in house applications.
- administer Copyright Clearance Center’s Online environments including systems, applications, configurations and security. Responsible for infrastructure builds and retirements, user account management, software deployments, implementations, software patching and upgrades, system and application monitoring, performance analysis, and problem-solving.
- be on call during non-business hours on a rotational basis.
- performs other duties, as assigned and directed.
- adhere to all Copyright Clearance Center policies, procedures, and standards, both administrative and technical
If you have the following qualifications:
- strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on technical, computer related subject matter including systems administration policies and procedures, and hardware/software product and performance evaluations.
- ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, and set appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work.
- willingness to participate, as part of a team, in all levels of administration, from the mundane to the sophisticated.
- minimum of 5 years experience working in a hands-on capacity with the following:
- Linux (preferably RHEL/CentOS) server operating systems, specifically senior systems administrator skill level. Including: Performance monitoring and troubleshooting, LVM, YUM, BASH, Java, boot configurations, SSH, user account management, and network configuration.
- Systems and web application monitoring systems such as Zabbix, PRTG, and Pingdom.
- Inherent security issues and defenses which are common in a networked environment.
- Backup and recovery administration and strategy.
- Internet technologies including HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SMTP, and DNS.
- minimum of 3 years experience working in a hands-on capacity with the following:
- Virtualization Technologies including AWS Cloud (AWS Console, EC2 instance management, security groups) and VMware / vCenter administration.
- Software build and deployment tools including: Chef, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory.
- working knowledge of, and experience with, network router, switch, firewall, and load balancing configuration and administration is a significant plus.
- experience with ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and ActiveMQ broker a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. Industry certifications for Linux, UNIX, Microsoft or Cisco a plus.
... we would definitely like to have a chat.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in the company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.