Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
Our partner, specialized in enterprise content management and publishing solutions is seeking talented people who are looking to work as part of a successful organization.
In this role you will:
- Support production and on-production databases used for our customer facing products as well as in house applications;
- be a team member of a 7x24 IT SaaS Operations team that includes other DBAs and staff with expertise in database, application, and web site administration, security, servers, storage, networking, virtualization, infrastructure, cloud computing, and data center management;
- be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of complex database infrastructure including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server in production and non-production environments located on-premise and in the cloud;
- track and resolve database related administrative tasks and problem incidents. you will update clients on status of requests;
- review service related reports (database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved;
- respond to database related alerts and escalations, and working with Engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This role includes non-business hours on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
If you have the following qualifications:
- At least three to five years of database administration experience with commercial database engines such as Oracle and MS SQL Server and/or open-source SQL database engines such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Proficient with shell scripting and automation.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Skilled in performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Proficient with database backup, restore, and recovery.
- Knowledge of database High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options.
- Strong organization, verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on documentation of policies and procedures, project plans, and incident reports.
- Experience administering databases in the cloud, (Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure) or “database as a service”, (Amazon RDS/SimpleDB/DynamoDB or Microsoft SQL Azure) a plus.
- Ability to support project-related assignments of long duration and high complexity.
- Works independently, with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
... then we would definitely like to have a chat.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in the company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.