We provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company – we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
You will be part of the Performance Engineering QA team, taking ownership on dedicated areas of the product and working closely with the development team in order to deliver high quality products. This role gives you the opportunity to influence new feature development from the design phase until production, as well as acting as a mentor for QA engineers on specific technical areas.
Your key tasks:
- Design, develop and execute test plans and test scenarios for our performance testing applications
- Review and understand functional requirements and provide relevant feedback in order to improve the user experience
- Research and continually improve testing approach and expertise
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Work in a fast-paced Agile scrum team on all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Work with local and remote Dev and QA teams
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering)
- Advanced command of English language
- 4+ years of relevant QA experience
- Proven experience with coordinating the QA effort for a specific area/team/project
- Good understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Ability to analyze a task from a system perspective
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and related tools
- Knowledge of databases and query languages
- Networking knowledge (HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with Application Servers and Web Servers
- Familiarity with Web and Web 2.0 technologies
- Ability to work in Windows and Linux
- Ability to do multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be organized, thorough, autonomous, committed, flexible, customer-focused and productive