Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
- Provide pragmatic technical leadership to the development team ensuring that:
- Code developed is of high quality;
- Technical risks are estimated;
- They hold the technical vision and communicate it consistently with the team;
- and be the authority of day-to-day technical effort.
- Work with the product owner and business analysts to ensure that technical solutions meet business requirements.
- Mentor team members and advocate methods to increase velocity and decrease waste in the development process; and you will be expected to share their your broad experience with the team.
- Own the automated software deployment process and seek methods to evolve it.
- Work closely with the company-wide architecture team to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with agreed architectural approaches.
The majority of application development will involve Systems Integration of either Alfresco Enterprise Content Management or MarkLogic content servers into a corporate environment.
If you have:
- At least 5 years commercial experience;
- Core Java (J2SE) experience;
- Conscious of SOLID principles, and adept in OOP and associated design skills and patterns;
- Team-leading and mentoring abilities with experience of at least two full projects in this role;
- Strong knowledge of web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, web architectures and tools;
- Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture and production Internet architectures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with enterprise messaging patterns;
- Experience in delivering projects through agile processes and practices;
- In depth practical exposure in managing application design, software development, maintenance and delivery
- Experience with the deployment and configuration of application and web servers;
- Experience of application development using the Spring framework;
- Familiarity with at least once RDBMS, active awareness of NoSQL DBs, and ACID principles.
- Experience with at least one Unix-like operating system;
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and user interactions in a complex system;
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, Maven, Git, and Continuous Integration
and maybe even experience with:
- Alfresco Enterprise Content Management System (Highly desirable);
- NoSQL technologies (MarkLogic NoSQL database is highly desirable);
- semantic technologies and enterprise search technologies.
we would like to have a chat.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in our company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come meet us.