Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
The Performance Test Analyst is responsible for designing and implementing automated performance testing suites, that validate software conformance to defined non-functional acceptance criteria. Knowledge and experience in performance testing approaches, test design and implementation are required, while knowledge and experience with other testing types, especially functional, are highly desirable.
Working closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers, QA Leads, Technical Architects, and Technical Leads across a range of projects, the Performance Test Analyst will be involved with setting non-functional expectations during the discovery and design of a system. These expectations can be derived from existing non-functional requirements (if provided), by studying industry standards and best practices or relying on personal experience. Strategy and technical solution with regards to performance validation contributions to the Test Strategy are expected, as well as designing and implementing relevant tests, interpreting and reporting on results and raising awareness along with helping the Technical Architect/Lead pinpoint problematic areas.
As a subject matter expert, the Performance Test Analyst will work constantly to define, improve and champion good practices in his area of expertise, ensure processes are adhered to, while also providing mentoring and advice to project QA leads, acting as the 'go-to' for all performance related matters that surpass their expertise.
You will be:
- Designing non-functional automated performance validation solutions;
- Designing, implementing, running automated performance test suites and reporting on their results;
- Contributing to creation and maintenance of the performance testing approach and tools knowledge base; tech talks on new developments;
- Ensure automated performance suites run as expected; highlighting any degradation or regressions;
- Reviewing and revising performance acceptance criteria and expected system usage for accuracy, clarity and completeness;
- Providing performance testing support and coaching for members of the testing teams;
- Peer reviewing of performance test implementation by the testing team;
- Providing task estimates and plan for the creation and execution of automated performance tests;
- Creating and maintaining relevant project performance testing documentation;
If you have:
- 5 years’ experience in automated software testing;
- Experienced in working with performance testing tools (JMeter, LoadUI, LoadRunner,etc.);
- Insight into enterprise solutions deployed automation tools used underlying technologies and their effects on test results;
- Understanding of HTTP, REST architecture style and testing against endpoints;
- Understanding of browser resource loading and rendering mechanisms, measuring and debugging;
- Hands-on experience with Java profiling tools;
- Hands-on experience with system and network performance monitoring tools;
- Experienced in structured report authoring;
- Understanding of continuous integration(CI) and continuous delivery (CD) approaches;
- Experience of working in an agile testing environment, is familiar with SCRUM and with testing within a SCRUM team;
- Experienced in logging and tracking defects through to closure, using issue tracking tools such as JIRA;
- Able to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, with proven ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions when written guidelines are not available;
- Able to estimate time to complete tasks based on stories / requirements and to construct Sprint test plans based on initial estimates;
- Versatility to adapt test plans/tasks if project circumstances change;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
and maybe even:
- Experience in implementing functional UI automated tests;
- Hands-on experience with performance tuning at JVM and application container levels;
- Understanding of AWS offering capabilities and limitations;
- Understanding of enterprise systems architectural patterns;
- Customer/Client facing experience;
- Experience with security and penetration testing concepts and tools;
then we would definitely like to have a chat.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in our company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment;
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come meet us.