Established in 2011 by a group of technology professionals, our partner is a leading provider of high - tech outsourcing services. The company is focused on R&D, and its Engineering Solution Center handles software development and quality assurance. It operates in a broad range of industries: telecommunications, media, banking, online gaming, mobile applications, internet applications, semiconductors, automotive, security, and B2B applications.
A fast-growing company with more than 250 people (>40% growth year to year. The company has created a very flexible, dynamic & innovative environment to enable its team to develop themselves & state of the art technologies. The company is focused on software service development of core functions/products for our clients or complimentary products which our clients are lacking the knowledge
The team's technology footprint:
- change the way breaking news in coming live
- change the way IP packet routings are done
- differentiate the way telecom operators measure the user quality of experience
- orchestrate the top sports events (olympics, champions league, winter sports, etc.)
- making transportation effectively green
- protecting remote endpoints connectivity
- state of the art video studio players
- future vehicle simulation environment
- very high throughput Satellite applications
- connecting IoT & making cities connected, safe, effective & green
Our customer is a global leader in delivering software for intelligent connected systems, our client offers a comprehensive, edge-to-cloud software portfolio designed to address the challenges and opportunities critical infrastructure companies face when evolving and modernizing their systems as they work to realize the full potential of IoT.
The product is a complete cloud infrastructure software stack for the edge used by the most demanding applications in industrial IoT, telecom, video delivery and other ultra-low latency use cases. With deterministic low latency required by edge applications, and tools that make distributed edge manageable, the product provides a container-based infrastructure for edge implementations in scalable solutions that is ready for production now.
About the Product
- The product is based on StarlingX Open Source cloud infrastructure management solution, it is mentored by the Openstack Foundation as a root project and promoted by the client`s partners.
- The product is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes.
Overall Objective of Role
- Our client is seeking experienced high-performing software engineers for contractor positions developing cloud-based software for its product.
- The successful candidates will join a highly skilled development team delivering the world’s first telecom grade cloud platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
- The engineer is responsible with investigating issues, providing fixes and enhancements to the Open Source Cloud platform and underlying Linux based operating system.
- The successful candidate must be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ansible, Puppet, StarlingX, etc;
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, storage and fault tolerant/carrier grade development;
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options;
- Develop and deliver high quality designs and code;
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles;
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration;
- Provide support to documentation and customer-facing teams;
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- Investigate solutions for meeting project requirements;
- Document proposal based on investigation results (write HLDs and open source spec files);
- Identify detailed requirements;
- Review and provide input for user documentation.
- Improve existing features;
- Develop new features;
- Write scripts for demonstrating functionality & automating tasks;
- Rebase existing features.
- Provide input to the test team from a development perspective;
- Interpret test results and make recommendations;
- Validate user documentation.
- Over 6 years of relevant technical experience in software development;
- Excellent programming skills using Python, Bash;
- Experience with Linux software development;
- Experience with networking protocols;
- Development experience with containers and with cloud-based and virtualization technologies, including OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet;
- Strong analytical and debugging skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments;
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Contribution to the open source community;
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Exposure to other languages (C/C++, SQL, Go) is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- Competitive remuneration and undetermined work contract;
- Sick days (2 days/year);
- 2 extra leave days when employee has reached a period of 3 years in company;
- International projects and professional growth in a technology environment;
- Flexible and professional working environment;
- Medical subscription (Medlife/Regina Maria);
- Sports and relaxations facilities.